- Assortment of playground equipment
- Two pickle ball courts
- Indoor Aquatic center
- Beach volleyball court
- Eight soccer fields
- Eight softball fields
- Eleven parks
- Ten tennis courts
- Fishing piers
- Camping for RV's and tents
- Eighteen hole disc golf course
- Horseshoe pits
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Skate park
- Pony league field
- Seven little league baseball fields
- Showers and bathrooms
- Five miles of bike path within the City connecting to State Parks
- Two swimming beaches
Emerald Ash Borer information (EAB)
EAB has been detected in SD. Read here for more information on control from the SD Department of Agriculture. The City of Pierre adopted a response plan for if and when EAB is detected in Hughes County. See document section below. For an informational U Tube video on EAB in Sioux Falls click here.
Griffin Park has newly renovated camping facilities with 16 electrical hookups, holding tank disposal site, space for extra parking, and is only a half block away from Down's Marina and the hospital. The fee for overnight camping is $16 per night, per camping unit during summer months, $10 per night Nov - April. The fee is an honor based system. There is a box for depositing your fee and a card to fill out stating your proposed time in the campground.
Please read the camping policy before camping.
Fish Cleaning StationLocated just east of Griffin Park next to Down's Marina is a state of the art modern fish cleaning station. The station is winterized in the fall but opened when weather permits.
Picnic SheltersThe public is welcome to use any picnic shelter located in the parks at no charge. These are available on a first come, first serve basis and no reservations are taken for their use. Citizens are advised to post a sign in advance of your event at the shelter of your choice. Electricity is available at the shelter in Steamboat Park located next to Poplar St. parking lot and at the shelter west of Mary House by the hospital. The small shelter located east of the public pool in Griffin Park also has outlets for electricity. Picnic shelters are not enclosed and are open to the environment, tables and garbage containers are near by.
- 2004-2005 Davey inventory of Pierre Street Trees
- City of Pierre Mosquito Control Program narrative 2017
- City of Pierre Mosquito Fogging Zone Map
- EAB confirmed Dr. Ball comments
- EABPlan13-final for presentation to Commission
- Emerald Ash Borer in Nebraska Key Points and Recommendations
- Pierre CTAP Report
- Policy for Naming Renaming of Parks and or Recreational Facilities
- Proper Pruning and City ordinance grafic 10pdf
- Proper Pruning and Planting
- Tent and RV Camping Final Policy