City of Pierre street asphalt milling and asphalt paving to begin this week
Morris Inc. will begin asphalt milling operations this week. To accommodate the work, there will be no on street parking in the construction zones on July 14, 15, 16 and 19. Streets will remain open to local traffic, alternate routes are encouraged.
The streets scheduled for milling are:
- Hyde Dr.
- Pleasant (Poplar – W. Central)
- Broadway (Grand-Euclid)
- Adams (Alley-Dakota)
- Park (W Tyler- W Polk)
- Park (Harrison- Tyler)
- Green (Arthur- Roosevelt)
- Arthur (Green-Irwin)
- Humboldt (Lincoln-Garfield)
- Humboldt (Pierce-Buchannan)
- Buchanan (Buffalo-Antelope)
- Buchanan (Spruce-Buffalo)
- Antelope St. (Pierce-Buchanan)
- Pierce (Harrison-Kennedy Loop)
During milling and paving operations, the top layer of asphalt is removed from a street surface and replaced with a new asphalt layer.
This is a maintenance item done to improve the drivability of a street.
Any questions can be directed to TJ Gallagher with Morris Inc. at 605-280-1728.